Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
I have no experience with either of the 375H&H Kimbers so can’t comment on them,

However. I have shot both of the Ruger Hawkeyes - African and Alaskan - in 375 Ruger, quite a bit. They are reliable and accurate. I prefer the African because it balances better for me and produces a bit more muzzle velocity.

My current 375 is a transitional Pre-64 Win M-70 in 375H&H. This is my favorite 375. It balances very well with the 25” barrel. The action is silky smooth, feeding with both FP solids and spitzers is infallible, the trigger works perfectly, and it shoots sub MOA to 300 yds, which is as far I’ve shot paper with it. On game it’s definitive.

As you can see my strong bias is for the M-70 in 375.

I agree with you on the pre 64 model 70. Excellent rifles. I just sold a 1949 that was re-chambered to 375 weatherby. Even though it was rechambered, it held its value very well. I also know where I can buy a beautiful Kimber 375 H&H locally for $1,100.00. The wood on it is way above anything I've seen on a Kimber rifle. However, I once heard from one of the gunwriters that if he were going to africa and had to trust a rifle with his life, it would be a Pre 64 model 70, not a Kimber...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA