Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by gunner500
A friend and his dad have 375 H&H and 458 Lott Kimbers, the Lott is the walnut stocked rifle, the 375 wears a synthetic stock, I don't remember their company names, but do remember I had no trouble working up loads for both for those guys to hunt Alaska and Africa, I used 270gr TSX and 300gr Barnes banded solids in the 375, and 450gr TSX and 500gr Barnes banded solids in the Lott.

Both rifles fed the flat nosed solids with ease, functioned, shot and acted the way a rifle should, I would have no problems hunting anything anywhere in the world with either rifle, I will say that Lott booted a little at 2300 and 2350 fps, the Dad finally got to old and wanted to sell me the Lott a few years back for 2K, I should have bought it.

Yeah, that would have been a good price for a proven Kimber .458 Lott. You stating it "booted a little" tells me it must have been pretty lethal on both ends... blush

I sold the M-70 .404J I had built, which kicks less than the Lott. That was after I had shoulder surgery, sold my SP-10 Remington, too. Even in a heavy shotgun, the 10 ga. does kick, but what a goose killer it was...

A .375 H&H SS NH M-70 is my only big gun and likely to remain as such... smile

DF

You bet DF, I shot the crap out of those rifles, old Man said buy what, and as much as you need to get set these things up right for us please, I told him what the components prices were at the end, he paid that then gave me a grand extra for my trouble! cool benching the Lott with and without scope was quiet memorable to say the least.

That fine 375 you customized to your own specs would do any man well for a lifetime of hunting all game animals.

Trump Won!