Originally Posted by dubePA
Thicker sidewall not evident, but a big plus. One of mine literally exploded at 50-some thousand miles, while crackin' along at 65-70 MPH. Not much of a confidence builder, to suddenly lose a front tire at that speed.

I missed the shoulder improvement. As I recall, the original ones like mine, were kinda squared off across the tread, at the shoulders?

Guy pulled up beside me at a light the other day, in a lifted Rubicon with some large tires on it. Noticed the tread on the spare, looked pretty capable? Large tread blocks, plenty of space between them. As we rolled on down the road, didn't seem like they were as noisy as I expected they'd be, with that coarse of a tread?

There's a lifted RAM that comes past our place on a fairly regular basis. No idea what he has on that thing, but I can hear them tires singing long before he gets here. That would drive me insane, having to listen to that all day.

i use to run the goodrich "mudder" tire on my dodg diesel 4x 4. after four of them exploded at different times, all insured so free replacement i said no more. the last one threw me into a guard rail. we sent the tire into goodrich, they refused to do any thing about it said i didn' stop fast enough. well doing 70mph in heavy traffic and your front tire blows, you can't stop on a time. that cost me about 4000 in body damange.
i switched to coopers.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/28/20.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO