Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Windfall
If your .32-20 is anything like my .25-20 M92, it was used back in the black powder corrosive priming days and while I'm sure that I could hit a 50 yard deer with mine, that bore isn't as pristine as I'd like. Accuracy coupled with that buck horn rear sight it would not be a big confidence booster compared with anything else in the gun safe. While Jim Jordan gunned his big buck with a M92 .25-20, if he hadn't broken it's back with one of his multiple shots, I don't think that there would have been a Jordan buck. Use enough gun. I have never found a good use for that little cartridge myself. Fun, but kind of useless imo.

Agreed

May be missing something??! - one of the “funnest” guns I shoot is that Winchester Model 1873 - it has a single set trigger and with the right load can keep them clustered around an inch at fifty yards with the factory iron sights.....I use this rifle almost exclusively for pistol cartridge silhouette, fall turkeys (here in PA) and squirrels (again with the “right” load) it is a hoot and I have no doubt would kill a deer with the aforementioned caveats......I don’t have to take any shot on deer and haven’t yet but then again hunting has become much more about being out there than having to kill something (for me).

PennDog