Originally Posted by Dans40X
The only issue that you will find w/ any S&W 3rd gen pistol of any model is the trigger reset spring bending inducing creep .

The 3rd Gen's are built like tanks.

The SIG P220 R 5 10mm's will shoot circles around any S&W & is simply rebuild-able on the bench in 30 minutes or less.

TupperWare pistols(Gluck) do not operate/function at 10mm Auto pressures & linked 1911 10mm's break parts(slide stops & Bbl links) when run to 37,500 psi in which the 10mm is designed.

The Dan Wesson may be a tight fit pistol,but look at the dust cover of the frame-CZ Import-Made in Philipines-3rd world JUNK..

I've never had issues with that spring in particular, but have broke the trigger play spring. It's extremely easy to replace and parts can be found for these pistols, so it's a non issue. I did, however, order a few of these because they use the same one in the 4006 and 1006. Never hurts to have spare parts around. I will add that I've shot the 1006 and the glock 20 and the sig p220 (I believe) in 10mm and there is no question as to which one is best. I think I'd personally rate them with the 1006 at the top, the sig at second and the glock way down on the list... Everyone there was shooting the heavier 1006 better than the rest as well... Some guys scoff at the 3rd gen smiths, but I believe they are some of the best made pistols around. I do know the guys at the bowling pin shoots hate my 3rd gens. They just keep chugging along and never malfunction. They eat any and all kinds of ammo. If I were the type to feel guilty about anything it would be shooting against those guys who continually have hangups of some kind. Its those bowling pin shoots that have taught me which pistol really is the true winner. The 3rd gens are no slouch...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA