Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Salty303
The thing about events in the world, your country, your town, you're going to like some of it and you're not going to like some of it. And the other thing about news is they're supposed to report the events. So you're not going to like some of the news no matter who reports it.

So. If you don't want to get pissed off by hearing news you don't want to hear, don't watch the news. You won't know what's going on but you will be happy.

I would like it if they reported the news. Without spin. I don't have to like it. I would like to trust it.

I have a brain, however defunct it may be.

Here here. You look at any of the major news outlets, they follow journalistic process as little as possible any more but just enough to be legit. All of them have figured out a business model of preaching to the left or preaching to the right. They'll give a lame opposing view by a guest just so it looks like they're giving both sides of a story which is critical to proper journalism. But they'll editorialize the chit out of the story so their team looks good, their view gets all the time, and the other looks bad. Every. single. time. They gather a following, preach to the choir, the viewers like what they hear so they return and the network sells adds and makes money. But they're spinning every story not presenting facts and staying silent on who's right and wrong.

I guess is someone really cares about a story or an issue they should listen to a pro left network and listen to a pro right network and make your own mind up. The truth will likely be between what the two are "reporting". Also if you want the truth you gotta kiss a few frogs. Listen to "experts" that you don't have much time for and then listen to another expert with an opposing view and listen to both completely. JMO but I think tv news is fugged any more they're all going spin the hell out things. I don't watch tv news much but read a lot of papers, they're slightly better at real journalism but they're far from perfect either.

Last edited by Salty303; 03/15/20.