End shake can be fixed. It's the cracked barrel extension and flame cut topstrap that supposedly are K frame killers that would concern me... if I ever saw a M19 that had either of those. I guess I don't get around enough but I just haven't ran across a bunch of busted up S&W K Magnum revolvers. I've carried them on duty and have owned at least a dozen over the years and they have held up fine. Admittedly I'm not running tens of thousands of magnum loads through them.

I have owned about the same number of Ruger Security Sixes as K frame S&W magnums. Though rougher in finish and action they have been pretty good guns. I do remember one Ruger that would bind up the cylinder when shooting handloads with Unique powder. A hundred rounds of Unique would lock that gun up while a M19 continued to operate just fine. While I'm sure shooting loose a M19 may happen, the whole thing seems over played to me.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.