Originally Posted by gsganzer
I've been amazed (well not really) during this latest crisis of the lack of preparedness of both people and corporations. I grew up with parents that always had the attitude of being prepared for the worst and if you run into difficulty, you had some basic preparedness and then you worked your way through or around it. I listen to the radio or television of folks that expect at the first sign of adversity or hardship, there should be someone or some entity that's there to get them through it.

I remember as a single guy when I bought my first house. The bank told be I qualified for a mortgage of $1200/mo. I thought they were out of their minds and went and found a house where my mortgage was $725/mo. An amount that if things went down the crapper, I could pay for it by working at a 7-11 to scrape by until I got back on my feet. That's no longer the case with people. They live their lives on the edge and then expect someone to bail them out when it all doesn't go their utopian way.

I'm tired of bailing people out for their bad choices and lack of preparedness. If you borrowed too much for college, shame on you, quit asking me to pay it off with my taxes. If you built a house on the coast and get blasted by a storm, quit asking me to help subsidize your risk with my taxes so you can rebuild. If your business plan didn't address risk mitigation or plan for a rainy day fund, quit asking me prop you up with my taxes.

Folks need to start assuming more responsibility for their own risky deeds and either be prepared to absorb the risk or be prepared to live with the loss from their risk.

...................Understand.......But if you wish for a thriving economy ASAP with a very low unemployment rate, there are no other options.....Like for all of us, this virus blinded sided everyone unexpectedly. Besides. Trump has not asked for any tax increases at any income level to help pay for all this. The economy needs to be jump started in a huge way, and the only way is with an in-flux of capital to those corporations and smaller businesses who EMPLOY lots of people.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger