Originally Posted by Lennie
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by rost495
Running quick numbers taking a break from welding for ball ammo assuming you have your own brass, 15.5 cents per round. 155 a case of 1000 basically....

Rost, help me with the math
Brass=$.00
Powder=$.10
Primer=$.03
Bullets=$.??

How do you get to $.155 per round ?

My cost for reloading 223/5.56

Powder = $.081
Primer= $.025
Bullet = .065

My total round cost is $.171 per round

If some can load at $.155, I need to find out how to do it for less. And I thought I was as frugal as possible. To get to $.171 per round, I buy my Horanady bullets in their 6,000 count box, powder in larger than normal amounts and buy primers at 50,000 per purchase.

Lennie, you are getting screwed, or you did your math wrong. You live near me, so this may hit home. You know bi-mart always has deals on reloading components. IE: $2.00 off reloading supplies (powder, bullets, primers). I bought primers for $29.00 a month ago when they were on sale. So that price rivals your price by just a small amount and I didn't have to buy 50,000. Either you are getting screwed big time or you did your math wrong. Your powder cost is high as well. Also, rost has been at this for a long azzed time. Rest assured he bought some of his components 30 years ago and he may be going by what it cost him back in the 80's. Also as far as brass goes, that chidt is free for the taking. Its littering our gravel pits and shooting ranges. That never costs a dime, as both of you know. The reason brass cost is 0000. I suggest you buy from a different source, because your frugal buying isn't quite "frugal" enough... Hell, I bought some BR4 benchrest primers last year for $30.00/1000 and that was in your state. I had to buy 5,000 of those from the gal that runs that shop... I'm frugal too, when it comes to handloading, but I know there are guys out there that are far more so. Rost probably being one of them...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA