Well, I made the decision to self quarantine today. Several reasons I've done this. I'm an optician working for Walmart, and as such am considered to be in a "non essential medical" classification. Strike one. I'm a Congestive Heart Failure survivor, which puts me at risk. Strike two. My Vision Center has been partially shuttered. We are only seeing patients who need emergency optical treatment, and have suspended sales of eyewear for the time being. Hours of operation have been cut, and we're falling all over each other trying to find stuff to do. I was given hours in the main store cashiering, but that just exposes me to more chances to come in contact with someone who's infected.

I don't want to steal hours off the other opticians. I'm the resident old fart in the crew. They need their hours just like the rest of us. I filled out the leave of absence paperwork this morning. They are saying here in MInnesota, we're still 10 days from the peak infection rate, so I guess at the very least, I'm off work for a couple weeks, but it could be much longer. My wife is relieved that I've take leave.

Oh well, here we go!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla