Originally Posted by lundtroller
TRex,
Just thinking out loud here... I wouldn't be suprised if JES marks ALL the barrels coming through just for legal protection alone. Imagine who would be on the hook if one of JES's rebores was actually not marked and then later resold to someone else who was unknowingly injured in an accident. I would imagine many attorneys would line up to have that case!!!

I don't think JES restamps look that bad; I personally would not want it restamped over "existing" markings however. I might be wrong but I think that is what he told me he did just to make sure there was no confusion.

Probably best to get your desired engraving done right before you send it to JES???

Now THERE's an idea!
I specifically asked Jesse on the phone if there was a legal requirement to mark the barrels and he said no, but I agree with you it is good common business self-protection sense to do so. I don't think at all that they intentionally ignored my request. I just think they were in their normal work-flow groove (no pun intended) and my two got their normal treatment. They look fine and since there were no prior markings on those original military barrels it's still a professional look. And saved me about $80 in engraving costs.
Cheers,
Rex