Originally Posted by Tannhauser
Originally Posted by lundtroller
TRex,
Just thinking out loud here... I wouldn't be suprised if JES marks ALL the barrels coming through just for legal protection alone. Imagine who would be on the hook if one of JES's rebores was actually not marked and then later resold to someone else who was unknowingly injured in an accident. I would imagine many attorneys would line up to have that case!!!

I don't think JES restamps look that bad; I personally would not want it restamped over "existing" markings however. I might be wrong but I think that is what he told me he did just to make sure there was no confusion.

Probably best to get your desired engraving done right before you send it to JES???

JES just received my Rem 700 in .270 Win for a .35 Whelen rebore snd he is specifically NOT restamping my barrel in any way.

The rifle is not new, and it came to me already cerakoted. I have no idea how the Cerakote on the barrel would hold hold up to bring stamped, so JES is doing nothing.

I encourage you to follow up on this with Jess. I did everything I could ahead of time to make absolutely sure my two barrels would not be marked, but they got marked anyway. Don't be a afraid to leave him a message reminding him not to mark it. Mine came back with the tape wrapped around the barrel with the words "NO STAMP!" still on them - and the calibers still stamped on the barrels. I had also included a letter with the "don't stamp the barrels" instructions. Hey, stuff happens, I get it. I had just asked Jess so many questions before I sent him the rifles I felt bad about following up after I shipped them so I didn't.
Good luck with the project,
Rex

Last edited by TRexF16; 03/26/20.