Hello everyone!

I am a bank fisherman, fishing rivers and lakes. Being a bank fisherman, I am somewhat constrained to my lure choices and wondering what other bank fisherman use as their lures of choice?

Since I tend to lose lures to snags fishing from shore, I don't like spending a lot of $$$ on expensive lures. As a consequence, I fish a lot with jigs often with plastics, etc. or jigs with spinner arms making it in essence a spinner bait. I will also use spoons due to cheaper cost over sinking lures.

For the lures I do use from shore are the floating rapala or diver/floaters like shad rap(deep diver, due to the large/squarish bill). I like the deep diving shad raps because I can bang into things, pause and let if float, thus often avoiding any snags---assuming it doesn't get smashed after banging into something and the pause. But I won't lie, I have lost my share of those shad raps. I know that losing lures are part of fishing, but it does get expensive to where I am consider whether to switch over to plastic craws and texas-rig them as a cheaper alternative? Thoughts on this?

Also what about using lipless crank baits from shore? The seem pretty versatile lures but not sure how snag resistant they are since they are mostly sinking lure.

Any other lures you guys used and can recommend trying?

Thank for any input and advice!