ribka, never tried a blade bait, such as the blade runner type. The lipless crankbaits look like they'd have similar action, but like postoak mention, I'm think that hooks will probably get their hooks fouled. But I may try one or two just to experiment with. Think I'll try storm king's redeye shad lipless one.

TOM, not necessarily looking for the "best" just inquiring what work well for you as a bank fisherman. More of a way to make mental notes and see what others are using. For top waters, like the Rebel Pop-R in silver/black in the regular size. I prefer fishing rivers if I get the choice. Just better variety of fish to catch. If fishing mainly lakes, I found that I'm mainly catching pan fish/sunfish fishing from shore except in spring when I can occasionally catch a crappie or yellow perch. I agree with you, regarding an ultralight setup. I think they're fantastic for pan fishing but I bought an ugly stick elite in light action so I don't know if I went too heavy, time will tell.

postoak, I bought some zoom flukes to give a try this year. Regarding the lipless crankbaits, I too think the hooks would foul easily but supposedly you can rip them through the weed type stuff and trigger bite. I took the chance and bought two storm king redeye shad to experiment with this year.