Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Has anyone seen the slightest indication that the food supply chain will break down?

Break down, no, but in my industry I’m seeing some things that concern me. A processor called me Friday and said most of his distributors are shutting down (restaurant business). What little retail distributors he has, are not enough to make it worth running the floor, so he’s considering shuttering. Now the truck line that depended on his freight is cancelling the route, because it’s not economical to run a half loaded truck. That pushes other processors that use the same truck line into a corner.

I’ve got plenty of product, but it’s the wrong size for retail, so it’s about impossible to move.

All this can be solved, but not quickly.

And so the world turns.

You have a cleaning line there or would I have to buy in the round if I make a trip up. A man could fill up a freezer you know, if a man had a freezer.

Probably shut the gate there at Ontario and not let anybody in now, seeing as how you're on lock down.

Sure hope it clears up soon for you Dutch. Hang tough.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?