Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by broomd
Good lord.
Is it that hard to hole up until places (re. HOSPITALS and CLINICS) can get a handle on this thing? They can't successfully treat people if they all come in en mass, hence the 'flatten the curve' language.

People are so fooking selfish it's pathetic, and whining is the usual precursor.

Pretty selfish to expect the entire country to shut down over a virus that is only deadly to elderly/unhealthy folks. Unprecedented actually.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

I'm hoping my 83 y/o mom who is in insane shape for her age is holed up and doing well. She'll likley live until 90+ unless she gets this [bleep].
My late wife lived long enough with her cancer to give birth to our daughter, this [bleep] would have killed her and our daughter too before she would have gotten the chance to give birth.

The point is that there are things at work here greater than ourselves. Let's just hunker down and relax. Maybe we'll help someone we don't even know out there.

I hope both our moms make it through this happy and sassy. My late wife was the toughest person I have ever met.
Hunker down is/was not in either of their vocabulary, nor mine. Life is for the living.
YMMV

Much. much truth in what you say, Backroads but neither should a person rashly court potential disaster to self or loved ones nor to the public at large.

Jmo

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.