Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Originally Posted by Redneck

Union construction projects are "essential", non-union are not essential.
Bull..... Right in the list it shows that's not correct..

Essential Infrastructure includes, but is not limited to: food production,
distribution, fulfillment centers, storage facilities, marinas, and sales;
construction (including, but not limited to, construction required in response to this public health emergency, hospital construction,
construction of long-term care and assisted living facilities, public
works construction, school construction, Essential Business and
Operations construction, construction necessary for Essential
Governmental Functions, and housing construction, except that
optional or aesthetic construction should be avoided);

All Union construction except
except that
optional or aesthetic construction should be avoided)

Non Union home remodelers, siding contractors, deck contractors, those that build additions, basically all small non-union contractors are to stay home.

No it's not correct, A couple of the biggest general contractors in the state are non-union. So are some of the concrete contractors we bid against.

construction of long-term care and assisted living facilities, public
works construction, school construction, Essential Business and
Operations construction, construction necessary for Essential
Governmental Functions, and housing construction

ALL have Government Monies invested, ALL Required to be Union.

Evidently you've never heard of Stevens or Kraemer Brothers Construction, they are MAJOR players in commercial construction in WI, hell seems like Kraemer gets 1/2-2/3 of the schools and Stevens practically OWNs the big projects near the downtown in Madison.

It also CLEARLY states that housing construction is exempt, that is largely non union. I've got non union buddies still working right now building houses and I'm laid off for the first time in 2 years.

But what do I know, I've only been in the building trades, in Wisconsin,(first non union, later union) for over 25 years...

You're argument makes about as much sense as coyote hunting in the middle of a lake.

Oh and BTW Kraemer is a member of both the ABC and AGC of Wisconsin .

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.