Originally Posted by Killertraylor
So much drama here. .....Free marketplace. Hope you get what makes you happy 👍

I agree. I've thought about this for the past day or so and felt compelled to comment. This isn't meant to rain on anybody with whom this post disagrees. As a matter of fact, my initial response to myself was in agreement with those arguing against profiteering, for lack of a better word, from other forum members. I'm not aware enough of the OP to know whether he is generally considered one of the large number of forum a-holes or one of the good guys. It is irrelevant to the point I'm going to try to make.

Unless and until someone demonstrates that the OP has stated something misleading about the entire deal, he has done nothing wrong. For most things sold on this forum, none of us knows the price the individual paid for it. If we are a buyer, and it's what we want, and it is at a price we are willing to pay, then we have determined it is a good deal. It's probably more appropriate to state that we have determined it is a good enough deal. I don't care if a guy inherits something and then sells it for $1000. If I think it's only worth $800, I'm either a) just not buying it; or, b) offering what I'm willing to pay. No agreement doesn't mean either party did anything wrong.

As to passing on your deal to your fellow forum members, really? Some of the biggest A-holes we all know are very frequent posters on this forum. They/we don't deserve special treatment just because they/we are members of the same forum. The same then would hold true for living in the same town, county or state. I think most of us have bought something at a great price and eventually sold here or elsewhere at a profit to us. That makes us smart and nothing else. It is not deception to not share what you paid for an item with a prospective purchaser. I, like many others on here, have passed on many good deals to our friends, acquaintances and even forum members. As long as there is no deception, lying or cheating, ask what you want and pay what you agree to according to the terms which both buyer and seller have agreed.

Be well all.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ