Originally Posted by Fireball2
You put a 357 in a rifle and see what you can do and get back to us, it'll leave a lasting impression on you. I just recently bought a Browning 92 in 357 to increase my firepower and scratch that itch all over again, or Jeff's would be coming to Oregon. The story-(you knew there was a story) I was hunting a powerline cut and I noticed movement way out ahead. When that hare silhouetted himself I letterip. Snowshoes are white in winter so you have to have them against a dark background to see them at that range. He was and stood out like a lightbulb. Of course I had eyes, knees, and tireless energy back then at 19. 175 of my steps to the wabbit, which average a yard.

Don't make me come back there and give you old farts another shooting lesson! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

A buddy of mine (actually his older brother) has a Marlin 1894 in 38/357 and that is a cool little rifle. Thuddy-eights shoot like a big ole' BB gun and are a hoot. However I was impressed with the authority of 125-grain 357s. Not an elephant gun, but they were more than I expected and something that would make up into a great little personal defense rig.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"