Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Just a reminder of what day of the week it is. In case cabin fever has you unsure.

No virus here, and no chance of picking one up unless it's while grocery shopping. Wife and I had a serious talk, nonetheless. We've promised each other that if we get seriously sick with this, neither of us wants a ventilator.

And on that happy note, I think I'll whomp up a nice bowl of cheesy grits this morning, then either go golfing between rain showers or hit the dreadmill yet again. To work off the cheesy grits, doncha know?

"Ventilator" in newspeak terminology covers a lot of territory. It can be invasive(intubated) or non-invasive(Cpap) and a lot of stuff in between. You're not necessarily going to turn green and wilt because you're receiving mechanical ventilation. It isn't done just as a What the Hell We've Tried Everything Else endeavor. Many many cases are to give your body needed rest and proper oxygenation temporarily. I dealt professionally with vents (service, sales, and training) for 20+ years have seen the worst and the best cases. Wife (a nurse) and I have a similar pact that extends to our adult children. If it is used to recover a worthwhile and enjoyable life then by all means proceed. And keep the control panel within my reach smile. If it does nothing but prolong dying then let me fly. We're both good with that. I don't want to be another interesting case on Papa Doc's morning rounds with the Residents and neither does she.

But as always news heads can, and most times do, talk just as long on subjects they know little about as they do on issues they understand. Stay safe and ask questions.