Committed to learning a box call a few years back, not just sqauking and squeeling on one. Got one out I bought over 20 years ago, was just intimidated by it. Finally got down to making a nice soft cluck then finally a light purr. It'll go loud too but that's not what most gobblers want in the areas I've hunted. Had it made by Mr. Albert Paul in Mississippi. When I met him at a NWTF convention I started looking for feathers. He's that good. No matter what you wanted to hear he did better. Ordered one on the spot using Mississippi Black Walnut for top and bottom and Honduran Mahogany for the body. Have shot my last 3 using it. One went over 22 on Zebco fish scales and the biggest gobbler I've ever seen went over 24. Both limb hangers. And both came in quiet to low volume low number calling. Sweet talk. I still carry a slate in case I need a different sound and always have a diaphragm in place to make them stop if need be. Check out Paul's Calls: HERE

Last edited by shootem; 03/30/20.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."