I bought a new 1100mag 30" full choke in 1970 shot it hard till 1980 and really had a deluxe case of automaticitis so I bought a new 870 Wingmaster mag 30" full choke, a year or 2 two later I picked up a 28" VR 2 3/4" barrel modified choke at a gun show and by then we were getting into the steel shot mandate. One day at the LGS I frequent they had a very dirty Sportsman 12 3 rd year model where Remington put Rem Choke barrels on them instead of fixed chokes and bought it for $169 with tax. I pulled the Rem choke barrel off it and put it on the Wingmaster stuffed the original 3" 30 " VR full choke barrel in the safe.It shot to good to ever even consider selling it. The rest of the Sportsman 12 went on the gun show table and sold for $135 to a guy with a slug barrel. So I only ended up with 35 bucks in my Rem choke barrel. Shot it ever since. A few years ago I picked up a 2 3/4" Wingmaster with a VR choked Imp cyl for a song and it shoots nice. 2 870 TB Trap guns one with a MC stock and the other wit a std Trap stock. In the early 90's I had a 20 ga Special Field with the 21" barrel, it simply swung to fast and made me shoot in front of everything I ponted it at so I peddled it. I looked for some kind of pump to replace it with and ended up with a 26" Express in 20 ga. rough when I got it but is smooth and slick now as I used it for bird hunting and skeet a lot. It's damn tired looking because of the cheap varnish stain Remington put on those hardwood stocks and the rock hard recoil pad got replaced with a Limbsaver model but for shooting and killing I'll stack it against any 20 out there. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "