It ain’t mine, it’s Dads. It’s an old 16 gauge with a pretty tight full choke. He bought it used in 1946 when he returned from Germany. IIRC, he give $30 for it and a couple boxes of shells.
It’s the only scattergun I can recall him using for bunnies and squirrels up until he died in 010.
Dad wasn’t a gun nut like me and my brother Dave. To him a gun was a tool, used for hunting. Dad used to bitch about us buying new guns for this and that! grin
That said, Dad wasn’t really very anal about taking care of it. It set on the wall in the garage, with some number 6s handy for varmints, and my brother painted cars in there.
When Dad left for the big briar patch, i took it home with me.
It’s a helluva looking thing, but it works fine. I gotta 16 gauge Mec that I use to load for it and a couple other 16s I got.
I’m planning on getting it re-blued and getting the stock refinished so I can stick it in the cabinet for Big Hunter when I join the “Old Man”.
Between that 870 and that 788 in .308 that he used the last 1/4 century of his life, they’re worth as much as all my other guns combined.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden