Originally Posted by Cascade
Clark, my old GWP. He passed last spring. A wonderful hunting dog & companion. I still miss him.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We went about three months without a dog - and someone brought a "rescue" GWP to our attention. Oh my. My wife took one look and said "We're getting another dog aren't we?" Well yes, yes we did. He was a handful at first, but has come a long, long way. Maverick, like most GWP's is enthusiastic about EVERYTHING! smile

With his first rooster:

Regards, Guy

Happen's every time. But this time I think I got the dog that will out live me. She just over a year and I'm 74. Bad part now is when I'm 85, she'll be 12 and I'm thinking it would be hard to find a home for that old a dog she'd be happy in after all her life with one guy. Now I find myself hoping she dies a couple days before me so I can bury her and nit have to worry about her. Then it would probably be my luck I'll live to 95 and be devastated when she died before me. There's just no winning with the death of a loved dog. I greatly miss a good many dog's today, some gone about 30 yrs or more!