The Tanfoglio steel frame guns are generally pretty decent. Like CZ, they're usually better finished on the outside than they are on the inside, but are typically good to very good shooters. They all need trigger work, whether Tanfo or CZ. I would not consider the Tanfoglio guns to be inferior to CZ in general, and in the competition models they aren't really clones; Tanfo went down the competition road before CZ did, and built their own line of competition guns (including different frames, slides, and barrels) and competiton parts. CZ built their Shadow and Shadow 2 in response to the success of the Tanfo competition guns.

One comment about frame size - with some of the 9mm and .40 pistols imported by EAA, you could end up with either a large frame or small frame, and if you're ordering it you may not be able to know which until it arrives. (Yes, that's a weird situation.) In the competition models, you're pretty much stuck with the large frames in the US. In Europe you can get the same guns in small frames. That seems to have been a choice by the importer, for no rhyme or reason I can tell.

BTW, both EAA and IFG are just importers of the Tanfoglio brand. IFG is more recent, but each have some models that the other doesn't.

I've had steel frame Tanfo pistols in .45, 10mm, and most recently 9mm. All have been good shooters, although I'd not recommend the 10mm for normal use of full power 10mm loads. My 45 and 9mm pistols were/are exceptionally accurate.

Do be prepared to spend some $$ on improving the trigger though. IIRC, I've got about $350 into improving the trigger in my Stock II, and that's with doing most of the work myself. You can get a really good trigger for that kind of money though; mine is at ~5.5 lb double action and 2 lb single action, and smooth like oiled glass.

If you want something a little better than the standard model but don't want to pay for the competition models, I think the "Elite Match" series is a pretty good buy and worth considering.