Thanks to all for their responses. Reason I was asking was, I've had a (Tanfoglio) Springfield P9 in .40 S&W since late 80's or early 90's. I haven't done much with it, it's just been a range toy. Why'd I get it? It was waved in front of me, it's a gun, price was good, I had some money in my pocket. Anybody here that doesn't know that story? Show of hands please.

Anyway, too big for warm weather concealed carry, cold weather, I prefer a 1911 .45 or a 4 inch N frame in .41 or .44 mag. Knocking around on the farm on a tractor, quad or horse, I much preferred my Glock 20, pretty good 100 yard smack without all the places to get dirt and dust in that a revolver has.

So now, I may be getting into some competitive pistol stuff when all this schitt settles down so I might have to get a new gun for that....right? I see Tanfoglio has some factory tuned competition guns out there at fairly reasonable prices. I've always had a sense this one I've had is a pretty solid, quality item, it's never given me any grief, but then, it's always been a range toy. I seem to remember putting a new trigger return spring or something in it 25 years ago or so, but don't remember specifically...I have a vague recollection of ordering a spring from EAA or maybe Wolfe. Thing is, you never see/hear much about them. I really wanted to get some opinions from some of you guys to inform the decision making process. Thanks again.

Mathew 22: 37-39