I take no joy in being the prophet of doom, but...

I think this latest scare will keep demand up for a couple months after the quarantine is over--people who couldn't get ammo will buy it when it comes back in stock, keeping shelves empty for awhile.

Then, as the election heats up, demand will increase out of fear that a Dem will get elected, especially since all the Dem's are preaching MAJOR gun restrictions.

If the Dem does get elected (God help us), demand will go off the charts. For the first year following the election, I predict you'll see insane prices. 9mm will be $20/box of 50 cartridges. A case of 1000 .223/5.56 will be $500+. .22lr will be 10 cents per round or higher. It won't be pretty. I've always turned my nose up at the notion of handloading for 9mm, but...my Dillon conversion kit is scheduled to arrive on Friday.

People bitch about "hoarders" during these times of shortage, but they refuse to stock up when there are supplies on the shelves. If every registered member on this site doesn't have everything they think they need by now, I feel no pity for them. If you think you need 25,000 rds of .22lr you should have bought it when it was 3 cents per round. 9mm metal case ammo could have been had for $6.50/box just 60 days ago, etc.

If you want to be able to handload anything for the next 10 years, you best get your components now before prices go up astronomically, and while you can get stuff at all (remember the primer shortage from a few years ago?) We may not see another Republican president for who knows how long. If the Dems get control of both houses too...I don't even want to think what will happen to firearms and ammo.

If you want it, buy it now.

Good luck to us all.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.