I posted this on 2/19/18:

Originally Posted by Waders
If you identify an ammo that works well, go buy a few cases of it at www.targetsportsusa.com. They have the most consistent cheapest prices and give free shipping on a case of ammo. $250 to $275 for 5000 rounds to your door is a no-brainer to most--but you wait--there will be another scare after Trump gets un-elected and people will cry about shortages and prices. If anybody goes into the next shortage with less than 10,000 rounds of rimfire, they have nobody to blame but themselves. (But it won't stop them from begging for a box of 50 for their grandson so he can shoot a squirrel this weekend and feed his family...)

I posted this in the CAMPFIRE forum on 12/30/17:

Originally Posted by Waders
What a lot of people miss is the fact that it is cheaper to stock up in advance. When you need something, go to the closet and get what you bought 6 months ago.

When the next "ammo/gun scare" happens (and it will), people will cry loud and long about prices. They will sob how their grandson needs 50 rounds of .22 ammo and there is none to be found. They will want to buy a stripped AR lower, 2 pounds of powder, some primers, some brass, and some magazines for their pistol or AR--and they are going to lose their minds about prices and non-availability.

LISTEN UP: Buy stuff now. Continuously surf websites (Midway, Powder Valley, Midsouth, Brownells, Cabelas, everywhere!) for best prices and free shipping when you can get it. (I haven't paid for shipping in forever; I keep adding stuff to my carts at various websites and buy when there's a promotion.)

In the wake of the last election, by now everybody should have a half dozen stripped lowers, ten thousand rounds (or more) of .22lr ammo, a bunch of AR mags, and enough reloading components for the next decade. If you shoot factory ammo, you should be buying by the case from TargetSportsUSA.com (low prices and free shipping every time). As of 2 minutes ago, you can get brass cased 9mm shipped to your door for $0.19 per round, .45 ACP for $0.26 per round, and .22lr for $0.05 per round.

At my range, people don't even care about 9mm or .40 brass anymore. It's all in the bin. I even get .45 ACP brass about every other trip. That NEVER used to happen. Right now is the time to prepare for the next shortage. Yeah you have to part with your hard-earned money, but you will feel like a genius later.

OK, rant over. Best wishes to us all!

I can't help but wonder how many people "need stuff" after 4 years of massive supply and cheap prices...

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.