Originally Posted by bobmn
"I have spoken to the TR’s Carrier Strike Group Commander, RDML Stuart Baker. RDML Baker did not know about the letter before it was sent to him via email by the CO. It is important to understand that the Strike Group Commander, the CO’s immediate boss, is embarked on the Theodore Roosevelt, right down the passageway from him. The letter was sent over non- secure, unclassified email even though that ship possesses some of the most sophisticated communications and encryption equipment in the Fleet."
Jorge I know you are intimately familiar with the "court intrigue" which occurs at the Flag level. What do you think was going on between the Strike Group Commander and the Commanding Officer of CVN-71?

There's ALWAYS been a lot of friction between carrier COs and the embarked staff and of course I'll add the Air Wing Commander (CAG) as well. When it comes down to it, a Frigate CO has more leeway and authority than a Carrier CO because he has all these other "elephants" second guessing them. But to the point, the CO should have strictly adhered to the CoC, PERIOD and especially when he put it all in writing and hit "distro" on his email.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”