Regarding the original question, my CTR was fully floated. My 270 stainless light was not, A 708, then the seven rem mag, then a 708 superlite, then another 708 were all not floated.

I floated them all. It only took a few minutes with the Dremel wheel. I really think it helped especially when shooting from field positions or on different rests.

Years ago after reading about the imprints on the lug I pulled the rifles I had at the time to check. The seven rem mag had faint impressions. They were too fine for me to measure it with my calipers. The gun shot so well I didn’t worry about it.

One thing that I have found with consistency is when I reassemble the rifles I stand them on their butt and give them a smack. Then I tighten the front screw to about 25 pounds then I do the back screw till about 15, then the front to 35 inCh the back to 35. I have not had any problems with them walking or opening up. I have not shot the MOA challenge with them I suppose I could when the Ranges reopen. I am down to two 708s right The older one has a high round count and it’s still doing fine.

Regarding the post where @ 7/rem mag will not shoot with factory ammo as well as wanted, maybe try another brand and weight? Mine loved 162 Amax and ELD over each 1000 at 2950 and mag length

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221