Originally Posted by T_Inman
I think I have taken 9 antelope the last 3 years with a .223 and the 62 TSX, and in the past I have taken plenty of deer and other antelope with various other .224" bullets. Plenty of coyotes and smaller critters along the way. From 10 feet to well over 500 yards (as described in the other thread). I saw no more issues in killing those critters than I have seen with more acceptable rounds.

One doe antelope went 1/2 mile while blowing chunks of lung out all over the place. It was amazing how much blood and lungs she lost, and still needed a finisher shot to the head. That seemed to be an anomaly though. She was hit with a 69 Sierra at about 75 yards.

Ive killed scores of creatures great and small with the .223 but did get a mule deer buck one day, like your doe, that was an anomaly..223 and 53 gr TSX on a buck that was rutting HARD.As he was searching for a doe Over a space of about 200 yards I shot him five times-all vital hits, lungs and heart area. Five entrances and five exits, through and through. My wife joined in the fun and made two more vital hits with her .257 Roberts and 100 gr Soft Points. He eventually just ran out of hydraulics.....never had anything come close to that with the .223

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe