My experience with the original "X" and "XLC" mirror above. Difficult to get to shoot, and excess fouling.

Ran into one of the guys from Superior Ammo at the local range when they were still based out of Sturgis. He told me to try the TSX's and I would not be disappointed. He was spot on. Easy to develop loads, great performance.

Have not had any of the dreaded non expansion issues like some have reported. So now, when I am working on a hunting load, I start with Barnes T/TSX. Whichever shoots the best is my load. My latest endeavor is with a couple of 338-06's. Tried 185gr TTSX, GMX and 210gr TSX. Both of the Barnes outshot the GMX. 200gr Ballistic silvertips, accubonds, and SST's all outshoot the GMX too.

In going head to head with GMX's, the Barnes usually come out on top in the accuracy dept. I have one 270 that prefers GMX over Barnes and my 222 also likes the 55gr GMX over any of the Barnes offerings. I really wanted to start using GMX's as a go to, but the Barnes have performed better.

After this last round, I am done "trying" the GMX. I will go to it if I cannot find a Barnes that shoots.

Arcus Venator