Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Not a movie but finally started watching the Ozark series on Netflix. Excellent show, almost on a level with Breaking Bad so far, I'm surprised I passed over it for so long. Great situations and characters. Only up to episode 5 of the first season but watched three episodes back to back last night and will continue the binge watch tonight.

Have been watching season 5 of Fear the Walking Dead on Hulu and the difference in writing is stark. Ozark has ordinary people reacting strongly and doing what needs to be done, FTWD had the same for the first few seasons as did the original The Walking Dead, but just like TWD, it's all women's soap opera regret this, regret that, let's all have meaningful conversations BS now. Blah.

Poldark on PBS was very good for the first three seasons - or two, I stopped watching. Demelza was a great, strong character in the beginning. Starting in season 3 or 4 all she does is frown a lot and look worried. Blah.

Wish writers would realize people are drawn to strong characters and especially ordinary people who become strong and rise to face challenges. Not weak ass people who sit around and talk about their regrets. Blah.

Ozark gets much more interesting in season 3

Rewatching Peaky Blinders and Better call Saul