My 4 weight is one of my more practical rods but one I don't use often. Where it really comes into its own is fishing for the lower Rogue "half pounder" steelhead, a juvenile run of steelhead that run mostly around 13-15 inches with a few down to 11 and an occasional 20+ inch fish .. and occasionally a jack salmon to keep you honest. My rod is a Cabela's LSi 9 foot 4 piece. I have 3 lines for it, all WF ... full float, sink tip, and a lake line.

For sheer fun, I prefer my Sage 000 but when the afternoon wind comes up, it is .. done. smile There are afternoons where I put the 4 weight away and pull out my old Fenwick HMG 8 weight 9 footer which wears a 9 weight WF line, floater with a sink tip. It is a bit much for the fish but it makes it possible to fish in the heavy wind.

My other rod, which often rides in my truck, is a 5 foot, 2 piece, 2 weight Cabela's TQR .. tight quarters rod. I have a WF 2 floater on Bass Pro Shops ultralight reel. It is pretty fun up in the small headwaters creeks where there's a lot of brush.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...