Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Sounds like a crazy rule if it allows a grizzly rifle but not an '06, but your plan sounds like a classy way to get it done. Love the 1885s; have two in LW persuasion.

Rules don't have to make sense.

My "primitive" Louisiana rifle is a BPCR in .45-70 with a VX-3 3-9x40 CDS set up for the 250 Barnes TTSX over Vv 120, a Marlin level load that shoots 2,550. Haven't clocked it out of the 30" Badger barrel, probably a notch or so above that. The CDS is set up for this load. I can put'em on a pie plate all day long at 300, probably 4-5" or so. Deadly. Blows lung tissue out the other side, hogs and WT's.. I picked up this gun used, already had a super trigger job.

Not that primitive, IMO, but adheres to the law.

I think your JES convered 35 Whelen will be super. No doubt a bit lighter than mine. But I shoot it from a blind. Recoil is actually pretty pleasant with a heavy rifle, even with steel butt plate. Whelens do kick a bit, too.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Super nice set up, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Always have super nice firearms.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first