Originally Posted by 405wcf

I do not have a vacation home, so don't get to the northern lakes often. I can understand the issue if if the small lake communities are being inundated with downstaters not practicing social distancing. However, this is far different from the person heading to their remote cabin, going turkey hunting, or fishing.

Gretchen wants to be VP and she wants to show she can piss in the tall grass with the big dogs. She really doesn't care about the Michigan economy because her voters all feed at the public trough or are union members. They get paid regardless of what happens (then their dues help Dems get elected). The people that work in or own the truly small businesses probably don't vote for her anyways so she does not care.

We need leadership to craft a targeted plan that Michigan residents will endorse. I suspect so many are pissed off right now that they are more likely to ignore the recommendations. The one and two person businesses and the jobs that do not have contact should be exempted (among others). At the same time as residents we need to commit to do our best with social distancing.

The shutdown in this state is heading for six weeks, that's almost 1/8 of the year. I am afraid this is going to wipe out a lot of businesses. Of course the big Dem crowd likes this because more people will be forced on to government programs which seem to never end (and get them elected).

Remember, as a friend told me last night, elections have consequences.

405wcf

Spot on post in all regards.

MM