Originally Posted by jbmi
I live in NW MI, why the f%$^K would I want a bunch of dumb ass people coming up here from Detroit, Chicago and all parts on IN.
There is still snow on the ground, and these dumb [bleep] want to go grocery shopping, buy gas and then get bored to death because they don't have cable or wifi in their cabin. So they head to town to infect everyone else.
Please keep your stupid ass home, die there, not up here.

While I can sympathize with your sentiments, I don't think they really hold up to logic. What do you do for a living?

The US has widely respected property rights. I'm sure you might feel differently if you invested a lot of money (including taxes, maintenance, and supporting the local businesses there) in a second home or a vacation property elsewhere, and someone told you to stay away.

I wonder if any of the Northern Michigan businesses and their employees would suffer if all that money from the wealthy down-stater's wasn't welcome in your community? I wonder what your communities tax resources would look like if all those rich people's multi-million dollar coast and lake properties disappeared?

I wonder if any one you know, or any of your kids might suffer the effects of that kind of thinking?

Hey, at least we also have our First Amendment rights...

Best wishes from down-state,

Stay happy and healthy!

Cope