Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Should've prepared. Hard to feel sympathy for folks that could've, but chose not too.

Do you have sympathy for those who work hard but make little and get by paycheck-to paycheck? Most are out of work now, many in service industries where they lived on tips.

Those numbers are far higher than they should be in a way. I can see if you are just starting out etc... but we all make our choices. And those choices can literally mean life or death.

I'm not saying we are totally prepared in our 50s either, but I'll say as much as we started from minimum wage jobs, no college as we just didn't want to and worked our tails off and if we were out of work for a year we'd survive. And we wouldn't run out of food.

Sounds tough and harsh I suppose but it almost seems NO one even tries... we had em at the city office all the time. Didn't get enough hours this week, need extension on my utilities... while texting on the newest I phone....

yeah, I have some sympathy. OTOH I have Jackmountains feelings to an extent too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....