Originally Posted by rem141r
i've had a 77rsi in 308 for many years. i love the way it looks, feels and handles. first shot out of a cold barrel is dead on. from there on out, it starts to string them. never really troubleshot it but someday, i'd like to figure out what needs done. never needed more than one shot with that gun anyway.

I have three tanger RSIs in 308 Win. Got into them cheap because their previous owners couldn't get tight groups. Three to four inches is what they were getting. Took me two years getting oddball with powder and bullets to get a usefully consistent group for hunting. I figured if I could find something that was a consistent 1.5" or tighter I'd be happy. Well a stiff charge of W760 and the 165 gr. Speer Hot Core gave what I was looking for. Brass was Winchester with Winchester standard primers.The load worked in all three rifles as it turned out. I've since removed the metal nose cap and slightly relieved it and groups improved to 1.25". That rifle has accounted for quite a few deer since I bought it. Velocity FWIW was only 2550 but it's worked out as far as 250 yards on deer. So why three? Well, my wife decided she liked mine a lot so I have to find another for her. The another showed up and again the deal was just too good to pass up. I've been playing a lot with the 7x57 lately and I would like to find an RSI in that cartridge where they didn't want so much I'd have to sell my kids into slavery.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE