Originally Posted by M1Garand
Originally Posted by 358WCF
Never could get enough in 358 Win. cases....

While it doesn't give the velocity of some other powders, it shoots great with the 200 Sierra and Hornady. I put 9 out of 10 with the Sierra in about 1.5" (threw one) with 48.5 at just under 2400 fps. Great load for where I hunt some thick woods, where the shots are under 100. It also shoots well with the 225 Sierra at about 2450 fps. If I want more velocity, I use TAC or XTerminator and hammer deer at just under 2600 fps.

I've been working with AA2015 & the Sierra 225. Real good accuracy & still creeping up on max. Almost at 2350 out of a 21" barrel with 41 gr. & it's still holding under 3/4" for 4 shots. There is some TAC on the way but shipping time with online orders is backed up about 2 weeks due to the recent panic.

So as not to completely hijack the original thread 4064 also shot well under an inch in 250 Savage & 257 Roberts with 100 gr bullets in the pre-chronograph days. Never killed anything with it besides paper, but it made me happy.

There was some short grain 4064 around years ago... Brigadier 4065 I think it was. Never did get to try any. I think it may have been made by the Scottish company that made some Hodgdon powder back then. Has anyone used Accurate 4064? Maybe it's the same stuff?

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy