Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by KFWA
if its less than 7 hours for business I'm driving, less than 13 for vacation.

mainly because I can pick when I leave and go, if I want to stop along the way to see the worlds biggest aluminum foil ball or get a chili cheese burger from some dive, I can

if you think about the drive to the airport, economy parking hassle, getting their an hour early, a connecting flight with a layover, getting baggage, rental car..etc, its adds alot of time to the flight. It might be a 3 hour flight but you still burn 6 or 7 hours dealing with it.

I wish we had a much better train system, I'd burn a day on a train, but travel now is so limited and they can't even guarantee when you will arrive due to freight trains getting right of way.

I'd also love for Americans to revolt against air travel and demand better service from airlines. Especially after 3 taxpayer bailouts in 20 years.

Is Greyhound out of business? My Mom used to occasionally ride the bus from Boise to Seattle and back when her parents were living in Wa.

Have you ridden greyhound lately? A few days ago could get flights to Costa Rica and Belize under $350. Anyone can afford that. Lifes too short to live and spend your entire life in a 25 mile radius.