Additional Information (4-20-2020 afternoon): Voorhees is indeed in the Johnson County Jail...for the moment. I spoke with jail staff there (did the cop-speak thing) and he'll probably be released soon due to the current Covid-19 protocols. While that is disappointing we must remember that he's not in jail accused of major crimes. (NOTE: While he might not appear in court down the road, this dipshit doesn't have the means to run/hide very far and once apprehended it will result in more sentence guidelines, i.e. prison time).

I also spoke with the Prosecutor's Office there. The Prosecutor assigned to the case is Janet Lyness. Her email address is: jlynessco.johnson.ia.us

IF you have some pertainent information on this guy, (like being ripped off) send her an email with your contact information and what info you have. Remember that due to disclosure rules anything you send will probably be shared with his defense attorney. You can also send an email encouraging her to pursue the case but I suggest you keep it clean. It too, might be shared with the Defense.

You can also send 'ol Clyde a letter! It's probable that it will be RTS back to you but you'll only be out a stamp (they don't forward the mail). Make sure to have complete name/address informaton in the return address as they won't give him mail without it. Do so soon to better the odds of him still being there in a couple days.

Clyde Voorhess
P.O. Box 2540
Iowa City, IA 52244

P.S. He has a prior criminal history so he might get some time out of this.

Last edited by MWN; 04/20/20. Reason: update info

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.