Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Hey CC, I can give you Hodnett's contact #. Maybe you can call him, get him to watch it, and hopefully he can comprehend what is possible. Let me know.

who is hodnett, and does he shoot in the western mountains and high deserts? its not to say one scope or another will not work, trading a reticle that sucks at low power is a total non starter in a long range hunting optic, its just not! The reason FFP works so well in competition is because its most likely the people using the scope aren't using the scope on the lowest power setting. (If I am shooting in those situations, EVEN I WANT FFP, IMAGINE THAT! ) They are most likely using it on mid to high power, a hunting scope should be set on lowest power and only dialed up if needed. The reality is even the type of shooting I showed john doing, I would bet and wager he does a fair amount of shooting and killing at ranges that don't require dialing, in fact most of his shots. In that case he probably leaves the scope lowest power and just makes the shot and he doesn't give a crap about reticle subtensions and how they match, You don't need to make a wind hold for a 300 yard shot, unless its a p dog, but we are talking big game here.

I might actually like FFP if I am shooting P dogs, actually I think I would prefer it, if I was only going to shoot them with a particular combo.

Comparing yourself and Burns to Todd Hodnett is like comparing rookie ball with the big leagues. I know your googlefu works, as I've seen some of your stupid youtube videos. Google it, learn something, take notes.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.