Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I did a lot of it and agree on the degreasing. I used both an airbrush and a gravity fed spray-gun. I liked how adjustable the spray gun was but the airbrush was nice on smaller areas.

Good to know.

Mtn Boomer, how were you applying the paint?

I use (still, slowly but surely) an airbrush (Paasche VLST-PRO) and a touchup mini spray gun, the Iwata LPH-80, I have a couple.... One tip (pun) is plastic containers aren't worth a chit except to mix in. Yogurt cups are handy. A good airbrush is pretty slick. The VLST-PRO uses screw-on glass containers and is well made for repeated usage (CLEANING). Duracoat is mixed a simple 1:12 ratio so stainless teaspoons and tablespoons.... Lacquer thinner. More hardener is shinier, less is - LESS. Tactical flats are the ones to get if you don't want shine.

Thin coats, flash off between, heed the directions. The kit above has the two parts (color and hardener) and has propellant, hopefully enough. FYI, NO single part rattle can will be as chemically resistant as a two part coating. Nonetheless I just bought some rattlecans today that I like the results of! LOL Cheers and good luck dudes!

This is Duracoat... At home.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?