Originally Posted by BluMtn
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by BluMtn
I just bought a new pickup and the dealership was very willing to make me a very good deal.

Tell us about it. Don't need to give out what you paid, but maybe what you saved and the terms.

Clyde

Had a trade in but when the dust settled I probably saved an additional $20000 over what I would have paid normally. I ask the salesman if sales were slow and his reply was if it was only slow I would be happy.

Saved an additional 20k?

I talked to my neighbor recently who owns of the Ford dealerships in town. His take on the whole deal is while most dealerships are stacked with inventory, the lean practices by the auto manufacturers is going to bite them in the coming months.
Many of the component suppliers down to the knobs on the radio are on hiatus so even when manufacturing gets started again, the dealership inventory is going to get thinned out considerably because the OEM's can't/won't ship a vehicle without 100% of the parts.

He actually didn't foresee a big reduction in prices happening anytime soon mainly because some of the 0% interest incentives are getting a lot of traction.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D