You can't have precision without accuracy. And you can't prove accuracy without precision.

But I'm not a long range hunter in the sense that the term implies today. For me, and my choice in rifle, wind is too much of a variable and too unpredictable in a wild setting to overcome at extreme ranges on live game.
It'd take a long heavy rifle shooting a fast super high bc bullet before I'd even consider preparing to take that shot. A rifle that I don't want to carry in a round that would take a great deal of time and dedication to become proficient enough with in varrying terrains and wind conditions.

My limits are mostly within mpbr, or a little over on a calm day. And my rifle choice means that much over 300 yards is pushing the envelope for my medium game hunting purposes. Maybe 400 in perfect conditions.
At these ranges, from a field position, accuracy and precision aren't out of the realm in this lightweight rifle with it's relatively low power and flat trajectory that make shooting easier.

Although I would like to practice at longer ranges just for the fun of it. Thinkin if I were to add a rifle or two to the collection I'd do it with this in mind.
An RAR-P .223 AI'd in a Boyds stock to get into the game? And one of them Super Chickens on top.
Down the road, something heavier. With more thump on steel. A long range target rig in the guise of an old school blued and walnut high comb long heavy barreled hunting rifle in a gentle shooting Swede or fast twist 6BR.
Then...maybe...with enough practice...utilizing these mild mannered tools...I could begin to combine these two elusive qualities at longer ranges.