I've never entirely warmed up to the Ruger American. But I'm considering selling my old slower twist 223 and getting a Predator in 223 because of the 8-twist, and AR style mag. I heard of issues with the rotary mag in 223. And the main reason, is I believe with the barrel nut you can set the barrel back enough to AI it without cutting a thread off...maybe. Then add a Boyd's stock for a reasonable long range toy that shouldn't be too heavy to hunt.
I don't know jack about the AR style mags that they come with. But I believe I read that Magpul makes an AI mag that will fit and let you seat the heavies out long?

Mainly to get into the long range dopin and dialin with relatively cheap ammo that's also not expensive to reload. But also to hunt with.

But this is just something that struck me all the sudden. So I'd have to do some calculatin and ponderin to see if it'd really be worth my while. Or if I'd be happy with it in the long run, because it'd likely never be worth the money put into it.
Seems like a reasonable compromise of light heavy barrel and portability though. And ring options would be more than with a Tikka, although I don't know if their rep for accuracy is equal at this point.

Also I appreciate the 70° bolt lift for scope clearance.