Originally Posted by johnnybravoo77
For every scope Doug sells, a 100 sold at big box stores across the nation. Vortex, leupold, bushnell, weaver, burris, and leftover nikons.

When deer hunting comes around, theres literally millions of hunters out. Id be willing to bet theres more sub $150 scopes a top many rifles. More deer have been killed with bushnells and tascos than any high end scopes. I do believe in the past 10yrs or so that number is starting creep up the way of better glass though.

You know it. I've never used anything on a hunting rifle cheaper than a Weaver. But I know many more people than not that don't even know what scope is on their rifle and most kill as many if not more deer than me or any of my serious deer hunting friends. A lot of people will buy a bargain rifle with a cheap scope on it as a package dea from a box store and they don't care if it's a Simmons or a Schmitd und Bender, as long as they can see through it. I think about that every time I plop down $300-$800 for a scope, but I still do that. It gives me a little more confidence knowing I have good glass.

Last edited by Filaman; 04/24/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!