Terrific shooting, Bighorn!! laugh The down side is if you stuff a shot on an animal after that, you can only blame it on a loose nut behind the trigger!! grin

What a lot of guys don't realize is, that little "zero check" at the range is actually a LOT more than just the client checking the zero on the rifle(s). It's also the PH(s) checking out the client(s) for: a) safe weapon handling b) familiarity with the rifle(s) they brought c) safe weapon handling d) shooting under the little bit of pressure created by the client having someone unfamiliar seeing their shooting ability d) safe weapon handling e) did they just purchase a new and harder recoiling rifle they are not used to for this trip and do they flinch and finally, f) safe weapon handling.

The reason I keep hitting that one thing repeatedly is ask yourself one question, "Do you want someone walking close behind you, in terrain and cover and conditions they are not familiar with, while carrying a high powered rifle that may or may not actually have a round in the chamber, even though you may have given SPECIFIC instructions do NOT put a round in the chamber(s) until you tell the client to do so, AND the client is trying to do the "cool" the over the shoulder "African carry" while inadvertently and unaware they are constantly sweeping the muzzle back and forth across your back, shoulders and head?

Not too many years ago, a rather famous TV hunter accidentally shot his PH in the back/shoulder with a big bore double. PH lived, but I don't think he was able to resume his life/livelihood as a PH due to the permanent loss of use of his arm.

I know for a FACT a PH friend of mine ended a client's hunt trip early because after several warnings about unsafe firearm handling of multiple kinds. The guy absolutely REFUSED to follow instructions.