I have had a chest type Kenmore for more than 40 years. 24 cu ft. Still running fine.If you are serous about storing food and a lot of it, the uprights are the pits. Mine typically has at least one elk, a deer and pronghorn, plus fresh vegetables . It got crowded one year when I added a moose and an extra pronghorn.

We also have a small 7 cu ft one beside it for incidentals. If you get a non frost free, you will have less freeze burn and can store food longer.One secret to longevity is not to keep opening hem all the time.Take what you need for a week and put it in your refrigerator freezer. We keep things divided by type in the large Zip Lock bags after it is wrapped in freezer paper.It is easy to move around like that. One end is for steaks,then a column of ground meat.Next a column of chicken and pork, then vegetables. If a person is half way organized, you never go digging thru everything to find one item. Once a year when I have fresh meat, I take everything out and repack it with the fresh on the bottom.

If you get an up right and really pack it things have a habit of falling out when you open the door.I have had a few up rights when I had my big chest type filled and needed more. I found they don't last as long as a chest

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles